Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Musicals are Cool

Where can you go to find hipster Disney princesses, tap dancing Mario and Luigi, Breaking Bad tutorial to music, and slender man singing about his problem? That's right, AVbyte. Yes they rhyme, all the time. Im gonna stop now, before you hit me and make me say...ow.

AVbyte are two brothers who write original musicals for their Youtube channel all about new and popular topics. There are the ones that were mentioned before and they have covered so many more. I really appreciate how they are clever and talented enough to write these well put together musical numbers in a short amount of time. It is extremely impressive, and I would love to try and make a musical like this sometime. They have some very catchy numbers and very cool musicality that they write in. The videos are hilarious and I love the performers. They are really talented and make me really happy every time a new one comes out.

One of the sections I always enjoy in these, and really in every musical performance, is the tap dancing. I mean, normally in a musical the dancing can be a little bit secondary and sometimes boring. However, I think the tap dancing sections are always extremely impressive. They would probably be less impressive if I had studied tap dancing but I have no clue about it. That's what makes it so magical and cool when they dancing the complex steps and you hear the really cool tap rhythm coming out. You just see all these crazy dance kicks and out comes a perfect rhythm. AVbyte does a really great job at constructing cool and very original tap routines. It's very funny to see these famous characters tapdancing to cheery music. I kinda wish I had learned tap dancing so I could just break out a crazy tap routine in the middle of the holiday.

I guess I really like this channel because it takes some talents that I love and show that it is entirely possible to combine these as an amateur into some really entertaining pieces of work. It makes me feel optimistic that if I really put some quality effort, creativity, and time into it I myself could create something cool. Of course, this also makes me feel extremely lazy that I haven't put the quality effort, creativity, and time into it. I guess I'm creating something here with the blog. I hope you guys enjoy it and it inspires your blog. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment