Thursday, October 3, 2013

I Can Predict The Future!!!!

So if you look back at my recent posts you will see that I just did a piece on how much I love Pentatonix, and even farther back then that was a post all about how much I loved the song "Royals" by Lorde. So when I get home and I look on the home page of Youtube what do I see?

PENTATONIX'S COVER OF ROYALS!!

I could not press that button fast enough, and I was well rewarded. Pentatonix took the sheer choral beauty that made "Royals" work so well and not only emphasized it but put their classic PTX flair onto it to make it absolutely stunning. Their video choreography is little to none, it is all just pure vocal talent and gorgeous songwriting by Lorde. This group mixes so well with this song I don't know why I hadn't put them together in my mind already! It's also such a cool song for them because it's about becoming famous but remembering your roots and not being overcome by the rich/famous mindset. That's why that closing shot of them in a line from their classy rich clothes to their normal clothes as they sing "We're bigger than we ever dreamed" is so powerful and reflective of their meteoric rise to fame.

Now I don't want to go around saying that I can predict the future, but I definitely have these odd moments every like other month where something happens that is just so coincidental that I can sorta convince myself I have superpowers. I know I obviously don't! But it's fun to think about if I actually had the power to predict the future. This used to happen to me a lot in middle school, when I would get Deja-Vu all the time. Like I would dream something like a conversation and it would happen about a week later in real life. I always wanted to keep a dream journal so I could prove I could tell the future. Now I realize that they were probably just coincidences, as is this one, but it's fun to think of myself as the future-reading superhero the All-Seeing Adam.

Thanks for reading, and I really hope you watch PTX's video.

No comments:

Post a Comment