Sunday, September 29, 2013

Best Advertisement Ever

Imagine you are walking down the street and you see a button that says "Push To Add Drama". Do you push it? I sure as heck would, I want something cool to happen everyday. I would never imagine how awesome pushing that button could be.

This was the setup for an ad to bring attention to the new TNT channel in Belgium. They placed the button in a quiet downtown square and waited for people to push the button. The video of what happened is on Youtube as "A Dramatic Suprise On a Quiet Square". Boy oh boy is it dramatic. Ambulances, a dead guy, a fight breaks out between the paramedic and a biker. Guess what, the paramedic is a ripped kung-fu master who beats the crap out of the biker. All of a sudden, black SUV's and police cars appear and a gun fight breaks out with people dying. Everyone drives off in a second, when four football players come and carry the dead guy out as a girl in a bikini rides across on a sportsbike.......Awesomeness.

The thing that makes this so awesome is the dumbfounded looks on the face of all the watchers. Realizing that would be my exact face if all this random craziness happened. Then that banner unfurls at the end and everyone is like "Wait! This was all an advertisement for drama TV?" It is absolutely my favorite, funniest advertisement I've seen ever. The music for it is also perfectly suited for this cool idea. I absolutely love clever advertising, especially when it gets people involved. I really hope TNT in Belgium became super popular because of this stunt. It's just such a cool idea, and I really wish that this would happen to me sometime.

I'm not sure whether I like this one or the sequel more. I mean the sequel does have snipers, men in body suits, a zip lining pistol-wielding Elvis in a prison riot, and naked men being shot by a water cannon. However in the sequel they throw whoever presses the button in a black van which is sooooooo weird. I just love them both for their originality and commitement and I wish all ads were as cool as this.

Also, doesn't that guy on the bike who presses the button kinda look like Maury Povich? Just saying. Thanks for reading guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment