Friday, October 11, 2013

Youtube-ception

One thing I love about Youtube is how much they collaborate and bring together wonderful artists and creative people, and the results are awesome. In one of my blog posts I talked about when Pentatonix covered "Royals" by Lorde. Not necessarily a collaboration, but definitely a combination of some wonderful artists and talented singers brought together and displayed on Youtube. I thought I could "tell the future" and I might or might not have tried to start my own fortune-telling business that eventually failed. However, the main point is that their are some awesome collaborations.

 I would like to go in a different direction then me having clear sight when it comes to the future and talk about my cloudy vision of the past. For example, I had recently posted about how many years I loved the "Epic Rap Battles of History" and another about the new funny rapper I had just discovered called George Watsky. As I continued to explore and watch many more videos by the new artist I had just found I came across an interview from him in which he talked about some of his favorite songs he had done. He talked about a collaboration when he rapped as Shakespeare in "Dr. Seuss vs. Shakespeare". Wait what? What? WHAT? If you look back you'll know that was one of my favorite raps. How could I not have known that he was Shakespeare when I've been watching him for hours at a time. So of course I had to go back and look, and sure enough there is George Watsky rapping as Shakespeare in a fake moustache and goatee in one of my favorite rap battles. I feel like the club bouncer in the cartoons that is fooled by a kid on another kid's shoulders wearing a fake beard and a long trenchcoat. How could I not have recognized him! It turns out that I hadn't just discovered George Watsky. I had loved George Watsky rapping before I even realized that I loved George Watsky rapping.

Am I oblivious? Am I dumb? It is proven by science that we have a very small and short range of attention and memory. There is an awesome TV show called Brain Games in which they talked about memory and attention, and we are suprisingly bad at it. We have to focus on very intense details and this causes us to have a bad memory and attention. Oh well it was just cool to see this collaboration and it was a pleasant tomorrow. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment