Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Voice of Broadway

As we near the end of this blog I would like to call back to the beginning of my blog. I originally started this blog for music and humor. I have always been inspired by this, and I definitely worked it into a lot of my posts on Youtube. I have always had a great reverence for the ability of music to bring people together. One man who has always inspired me is an icon on modern Broadway, Aaron Tveit.

One of the things that I love about Aaron Tveit, besides his absolutely wonderful voice, was that his background is so similar to mine. He came from a suburban background, was involved in a wide variety of activities, and through his pursuing of music he came to be one of the biggest Broadway stars in the modern age. He just continuously worked and learned and performed his way up the ladder to becoming a major star. He did a mock audition at his college with the director of Rent's national tour and ended up getting his first gig in Rent. As he moved up through several smaller pieces and national tours he eventually received his big break with his starring role in "Next to Normal". "Next to Normal" is an extremely powerful show about a dysfunctional family trying to hold it all together, and it relates really well to anyone whose family has fights sometimes, which I believe is everyone.

From there, Aaron Tveit became wildly popular on Broadway, starring in major Broadway hits such as "Wicked" and "Catch Me If You Can" and the oscar-winning movie version of "Les Miserables". His voice is absolutely mesmerizing, and manages to keep it's luster and sparkle even through the recordings, a very tough task. I listen to his music all the time now, and am grateful to the show choir for introducing me to his works. I found myself singing "Alive" from "Next To Normal" in the hallway on the way to class. Not only has he been a star, but he is now transitioning to TV acting through the show "Graceland". He was already labeled as "The next Hollywood Heartthrob". I wish Aaron Tveit all the success in the world.

Aaron's story makes me excited for what the future holds for myself. I don't see myself becoming a huge Broadway star like he was, in fact I think it is foolish to try to picture your future. However, it does make me extremely hopeful that through my work and dedication I can accomplish something amazing. I encourage everyone in the world to go out and accomplish something great so that I can write a praising blog post based on your life. Also, I hope that you listen to some of Aaron Tveit's work, it's truly wonderful.

Aaron Tveit Bio- http://aarontveit.net/aaron/biography
Les Miserables Aaron- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me7DMpMaKI0
Catch Me If You Can Soundtrack- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqCweDxaUHY&list=PLYUQXUa0t9ps6LEeUwMWQJTZxgfPskNAW
"Alive" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjpH15kuTps

No comments:

Post a Comment