Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Leaving

Well it's the last week of blogging and, as much as I did enjoy writing the blog, this will probably be the last few blog posts I write for this year. For anyone who has read my blog I would like to say thank you. If there is even a slight possibility of someone who religiously follows my blog posts and gets enjoyment from my posts, I want to apologize for the fact that I am discontinuing my blog. If you really feel strongly about my blogging, feel free to leave a comment and I will continue for you. However, I don't think anyone actually reads my blog anyways.

In honor of my leaving, I want to take a look at those Youtubers who retire from Youtube. It may seem weird to the average viewer that Youtubers can retire. This is due to the fact that Youtubers often are young vibrant people that enjoy what they do thoroughly and so a rare amount of Youtubers have retired. For example, NigaHiga has been doing Youtube videos ever since he was a teenager at the dawn of Youtube and it seems as though he is going to keep doing them as his career for the next decade or so. I thoroughly encourage him to continue as he is absolutely wonderful. As Youtube continues and the original Youtubers become older, the amount of farewells and retirements from Youtube will grow.

Youtubers do retire. Usually when they do it is due to either a lack of interest or some other issue that got in the way, such as another job opportunity and such. One such channel that has retired was called "Your Favorite Martian" who composed and animated original music videos. During his heyday he pulled in tens of millions of views to his music videos, and they are still being watched today. However, his channel is now called "This Project Has Been Retired" and no new videos have been added. It's a shame to lose his creativity and humor when it came to writing music videos.

Recently a Youtuber who retired was the gamer "JonTron".  John Tron and his parrot Jacques entertained millions of people with his clever reviews and vlogging. He was connected throughout the gaming community to many other channels and worked through "NormalBoots", a collection of gamers. With the widespread influence John Tron had, it is no surprise that his fellow Youtubers were wonderfully respectful and honorary of him when he decided to retire from the "JonTronShow".

One of the gaming channels he was connected to called "Game Grumps" even released a special video called "Ode to Jon" which commemorated his humble beginnings on Youtube and wished him the best in the upcoming years. It was a wonderful tribute to John.

I hope that as my blog finally dwindles away, someone was impacted enough to write an "Ode to Adam", but I think I might be aiming too high. Anyway, thanks for reading.

Ode to Jon- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNizrobWjBU
JonTronShow- https://www.youtube.com/user/JonTronShow

No comments:

Post a Comment