Sunday, December 8, 2013

Thank Goodness for Youtube

Yeah, I think I've decided to change my blog subject from music and humor to the effects, positive and negative, of Youtube on society. I'm still gonna talk about some of my favorite videos though. I just felt that my blog was getting a little bit bland and repetitive and I wanted to change it up a little. 

Well today I discovered another great use for Youtube. I recently caught a pretty nasty virus from my brother, and I spent most of yesterday with my head in a trash can (I'm learning about euphemisms). I was doomed to spend an entire day of my weekend feeling awful and trapped to my bed, with rare visits from anyone bringing me soup or water. 

I get bored very easy. I just always have to have something new to occupy my mind with. So I was not happy at just staring at the ceiling and counting the number of times I flipped my pillow over to the cool side. Thank goodness for Youtube. The one magical thing about Youtube is that it can take you anywhere in the world in about four clicks. Suddenly, I'm not just lying in my bed. I'm skydiving with someone or I'm at a concert or I'm watching a magician. I could spend an entire sick day just watching "Whose Line Is It Anyway".

The one reason I don't like the new season of "Whose Line" is not for it's humor. It's pretty darn good when compared to the original because they still have Ryan and Colin. It just angers me that this put "Whose Line" under copyright again and so they took all the episodes of it off of Youtube. I will talk later about how I feel about the copyright and restrictive policies on Youtube later.

Youtube is a portal to all the coolest, smartest, and funniest stuff in the world. There is a video of a cat riding a dog that will always make you smile despite your circumstances. I'm starting to feel a little bit healthier this morning, and maybe it was due to the power of Youtube. Doctors should do a study on that. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment